The agency supports the Chief Executive Officer of the NSWTG and the Public Guardian (PG), to protect and promote the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of the people of New South Wales. We do this by providing independent and impartial financial management, guardianship and trustee services that support our customers and help them manage their health, lifestyle and financial affairs and ensure their wishes are respected.
Our services help support and protect some of the most vulnerable members of the NSW community, and support people at vulnerable moments in their life.
As a Paralegal, you will be responsible for providing legal, clerical and administrative support to solicitors and staff to achieve effective and efficient legal services to NSWTG and its customers.
Essential Requirements: All roles require a willingness to have phone calls monitored for monitoring and training purposes
Some roles may also require the following checks/ clearances:
• National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
• Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
In addition to meeting the Essential Requirements, the successful candidate has excellent communication skills and works well in a team. You are resilient and able to work with competing priorities to agreed standards, budgets and timeframes. You will have demonstrable experience in the following:
• Provide administrative support to solicitors, including filing, copying, scanning and records management, attending to incoming and outgoing communications and maintenance of records and data systems.
• Carry out registry and document searches, and undertake legal research and prepare written reports, including case summaries, and analysis to support the provision of legal advice and representation.
• Developing an understanding of the principles of the law in which the practice group specialises, including court and registry practice and procedures.